For Gaia OS
To collect server message logs on a Gaia-based server:
- Use an FTP client that supports SCP, WinSCP works and is free.
- Connect to your Endpoint Management Server using the SCP client.
- Navigate to: /opt/CPuepm-RXX/logs
- This will take you to the logs directory, you can grab the entire logs folder and send it to Check Point Support (Endpoint Security engineer).
For Windows OS
To collect server message logs on a Windows-based server:
- Open an elevated command prompt: 'click start > type command in the search field > right click on "command prompt" and choose "run as administrator".
- Type cpstop to stop the server, this is only temporary so that you can get a fresh set of logs.
- Navigate to: c:/Program Files/CheckPoint/cpuepm/RXX/logs
- Find the server messages log file and add ".old" to the end of the name.
- Now go back to your elevated command prompt and type cpstart
- Recreate the issue you are having to ensure the errors will show up in the logs.
- Go back to the logs directory (c:/Program Files/CheckPoint/cpuepm/RXX/logs) and collect the entire "logs" folder and send it to Check Point Support (Endpoint Security engineer).
Related Solution: sk100891 - Location of various log files to troubleshoot Endpoint Client / Endpoint Server issues.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.