Mobile Access Portal and Java Compatibility - New Mobile Access Portal Agent technology
The new Mobile Access Portal Agent technology is now available.
The Check Point Mobile Access Portal offers a variety of on-demand client technologies, including SSL Network Extender, Compliance Scan and Secure Workspace.
The on-demand technologies are downloaded and invoked by the Mobile Access Portal Agent.
While for Internet Explorer browser, the Portal Agent is implemented as an ActiveX control,
for all other web browsers it is implemented as a Java Plugin, leveraging the Java NPAPI technology.
Java Plugins support has been deprecated by the various web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox and Edge.
Check Point is working on a new Mobile Access Portal Agent technology to maintain the current on-demand technologies support across the various supported web browsers. All browsers are now supported except FireFox on MacOS.
The following table outlines Check Point's plan to deliver the new Mobile Access Portal Agent technology:
Mobile Access Hotfix Downloads
- In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
- This hotfix can be installed only on top of R77.30 Jumbo Hotfix take 307 or later, R80.10 Jumbo take 112 or later, or R80.20 Jumbo take 33 or later.
- Deployment with CPUSE is the only available way to install the hotfix.
- Future Jumbo takes might include content that will conflict with this Hotfix. Installing such a Jumbo take on a system with this hotfix, will fail with an appropriate error. In such a case, please contact Check Point Support.
- We strongly recommend to install the latest version of this Hotfix mentioned in this SecureKnowledge article. Previously released versions will receive limited support.
Hotfix Installation Package
Note: The fix is not included in R80.30. It is planned to be released in Q3/Q4 2019.
Hotfix Installation CPUSE Identifier
To install the hotfix via CPUSE in Gaia portal or CPUSE CLI use identifiers listed in the table below:
Supported Platforms and Prerequisites
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
Windows users are required to have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 8 or Oracle OpenJDK version 11 installed. If ESOD Compliance Scanner is enabled, users must use 32-bit version of JRE.
- openSUSE Leap 42.1, 42.2, 42.3, Leap 15
- CentOS 7
- Fedora 24 28
- Ubuntu 16.04, 16.10, 17.04, 17.10, 18.04, 18.10
- RHEL 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 (Desktop and Workstation)
Refer to sk119772 - Mobile Access Portal Agent Prerequisites for Linux
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
macOS users are required to have Java Development Kit (JDK) version 8 or Oracle OpenJDK version 11 installed.
Note for R80.10 users:
Pay attention to sk117673 - Mobile Access Portal Agent for Google Chrome asks to re-install even after it was properly installed.
Note for locally and centrally managed SMB appliances [Embedded Gaia]:
This feature is not included in the product. If you need it, please submit a Request for Enhancement.