R80 SmartEvent stops working after upgrade of R77.XX Security Management server to R80
||SmartEvent / Eventia Analyzer, Security Management
||R80, R80.10, R80.20
- R80 SmartEvent stops working after upgrade of R77.XX Security Management server to R80. (per sk110894)
It was working prior to upgrade of Security Management server.
- R80 SmartEvent showing disconnected in GUI of R80 Security Management server after management upgrade. It was working prior to upgrade of Security Management server.
- SmartEvent Setting & Policy button missing after upgrading Management to R80/R80.10
By default, R80 SmartEvent is configured to work with R80 version of Check Point Management products.
When script $RTDIR/scripts/SmartEvent_R80_change_dbsync_mode.sh is run on R80 SmartEvent to make it compatible to work with R77.XX versions of Management products, it sets DBSYNC_MODE to PRE R80.
This change has to be reverted on the R80 SmartEvent server after upgrade of Security Management server to R80 for it to be compatible again.
1. Run this script $RTDIR/scripts/SmartEvent_R80_change_dbsync_mode.sh with flag R80 on SmartEvent server:
# $RTDIR/scripts/SmartEvent_R80_change_dbsync_mode.sh R80
Note: The script will restart Check Point services immediately without confirmation
2. Login to the Security Management server GUI and install database on Security Management and SmartEvent server.
3. Relaunch R80 SmartEvent GUI.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.