Starting in Enterprise Endpoint Security E80.84 Windows Clients, it is possible to uninstall the Endpoint Security Client when it is in one of the following states:
- User Acquisition
- Waiting for Policy
- Deliver Recovery File
- Waiting for Restart
For versions prior to E80.84, you can use the following procedure:
Important: First try sk118152 - "Error 27118.FDE must finish deployment before it can be uninstalled" when trying to uninstall Endpoint Security Client. The procedure in sk118152 usually works.
If sk118152 does not resolve the issue, proceed as follows:
- Open a Command Line "as Administrator"
- Run the following command:
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
- Boot the machine into Safe mode (without Network).
- In Safe mode, open a Command line "as Administrator".
- Run the command: net start msiserver
- Wait until the following message appears: The Windows Installer service was started successfully.
- Go to 'Control Panel > Programs and Features'.
- Select 'Check Point Endpoint Security' and press 'Uninstall'.
- When password prompt appears, enter the Endpoint Security Client uninstallation password
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
Note: Windows 10 (E80.62/EP6.0): Test the procedure in sk118152 first.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.