R80.x Demo version allows to use all R80.x Security Management features without the need to deploy a Security Management Server.
R80.x Demo connects to a demo machine in the cloud thus, internet connectivity is required.
Table of Contents
Cloud Demo Technical Information
Note: In order to download these packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
The Cloud Demo is a dedicated service responsible for serving new demo server machines on demand.
- Connection to a Cloud Demo is identified by a Demo ID that is created on the first connection.
- Connections with multiple users are supported by using the Demo ID.
- Machines are reserved for a specific period of time after which they are discarded.
- Starting from R80.10, the Demo time can be extended via SmartConsole once a Demo session has been started.
To run, select the "Demo Mode" checkbox in the SmartConsole Login window:
R80.x Demo vs R77 Demo
In R77 (and earlier versions), Demo Mode was based on a local emulation of the CPMI server using files deployed as part of the SmartConsole installation.
Starting from R80, as business logic has been ported to the Management Server, full server is required for the demo functionality.
Cloud Demo Known Limitations
Cloud Demo demonstrates all the R80.x features except the following:
- Install Security Policy
- Install Database
- Updates of Check Point blades and contracts
- High Availability
- Multi-Domain Management Server features
- Sync with User Center
- Gaia Portal features
- External communication from the Security Management server (such as: AD Server, LDAP Server, RADUIS Server) is not possible
- Creation of the following object types: Gateway cluster, VSX Gateway/Cluster
Limitations for R80.x Cloud Demo installer: