The R8x SmartConsole Cloud Demo allows you to use all R8x Security Management features without the need to deploy an on-premises a Security Management Server. The Cloud Demo connects to a demo Security Management Server in the cloud. Internet connectivity is required.
Table of Contents
Cloud Demo Technical Information
Starting from Take 76 of R80 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator, Cloud Demo is part of SmartConsole
The Cloud Demo is a dedicated service that sets up a new demo Security Management server on demand.
- Connection to a Cloud Demo is identified by a Demo ID that is created when making the first connection.
- Connections with multiple users are supported by using the Demo ID.
- Security Management servers are reserved for a period of time after which they are discarded.
- Starting R80.10, the Demo time can be extended using SmartConsole after the Demo session starts.
To run, select Demo Mode in the SmartConsole Login window:
R8x Demo vs R77 Demo
In R77 and lower, Demo Mode is based on a local emulation of the CPMI server using files deployed as part of the SmartConsole installation.
In R80 and higher, the demo policies and objects are part of a Security Management Server which is used to give the demo functionality.
Cloud Demo Known Limitations
Cloud Demo demonstrates all the R8x features except the following:
- Install Security Policy
- Install Database
- Updates of Check Point blades and contracts
- High Availability
- Multi-Domain Management Server features
- Sync with User Center
- Gaia Portal features
- External communication from the Security Management server (for example Active Directory Server, LDAP Server, RADIUS Server)
- Creation of Gateway Cluster and VSX Gateway/Cluster objects
- Access to the CLI using SSH
Limitations for R8x Cloud Demo installer: