Check Point Signature Tool (for Windows OS) allows you to create Application Control and URL Filtering for your own, or third-party applications. This tool expands your local Application Control and URL Filtering database for applications and URLs that you add.
Custom applications created with the Signature Tool can be used on any Security Gateway R77 and higher.
GUI-based Signature Tool for Application Control
- GUI-based Signature Tool (for Windows OS) is available here.
Note: Start the tool with administrative rights, in order to export the Application Signature from the tool and save it on Windows operating system. Running the tool as regular Windows user may not allow exporting signatures.
CLI-based Signature Tool for Application Control & URL Filtering
- The CLI Signature Tool (for Windows OS) is available here.
- Detecting SSL traffic by DN
- Detecting download of executable files
- Various options for XML input file
- This tool is not supported for locally managed Small Office appliances.
- In case the error below occurs while exporting an application, please run the ACST as administrator.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.