Creating the Evaluation:
Log in to the User Center.
At the top, go to the TRY OUR PRODUCTS menu. Note - Depending on your screen, you may see LEARN or CUSTOMER AQUISITIONS instead.
- Click Product Evaluation.
Select the particular product or All-in-One Evaluation and then click Next:
Enter your User Center information and then click Get Evaluation:
Generating the Evaluation License:
- Click Assets/Info.
- Click Product Center under the Accounts & Products option.
- Go to the Evaluations tab and locate the Evaluation license (by the certificate key).
- Click the License button.
- Complete all required fields (marked with an asterisk).
- Click the License button. If you are re-licensing a product, the option is Change).
After licensing your product(s), a system-generated email is sent to you. You can also download the license file by clicking Get License on the License Confirmation screen.
For additional information about generating a license, refer to sk22564 in the User Center under the Support tab.
Applying the License file (lic) via SmartUpdate
- Open the SmartUpdate GUI.
- Select the Licenses & Contracts tab.
- From the menu bar, select Licenses & Contracts > Add License > From File...
- Browse to the directory where the file is located and click Open.
- The file is added to the repository, and can now be attached to the associated object.
Local licenses attach to an object automatically. Central licenses are added as unattached to the repository and must be attached to an object.
To attach an unattached Central license to an object:
- Open the Repository by selecting View Repository from the Licenses & Contracts menu.
- Right click on the correct license.
- Select Attach License from the menu.
- Select the Module you want to attach the license to.
- Click Attach.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated
- This solution replaces sk76880
- Starting R77.20.70 Eval licenses are supported on SMB appliances running Gaia Embedded OS (600 / 700 / 1100 / 1200R / 1400 / 1500), and Edge devices. Refer to sk120473 - R77.20.70 for Small and Medium Business Appliances. When providing IP address it is recommended to use internal IP address and not the external one.