Policy Based Routing rules matching NATed source address do not work
||R75.40, R75.45, R75.46, R75.47, R76, R77, R77.10, R75.40VS, R77.20, R77.30, R80.10
- Policy Based Routing rules (sk100500) matching NATed source address do not work when routing decision is based on the regular routing table.
- Rulebase has a PBR rule matching on a translated source address:
set pbr rule priority X match from TRANSLATED_IP/MASK
- Source translation always takes place on the server side, and cannot be changed to to client side (like destination translation).
- The OS routing decision is taking place before the outbound chain. Therefore the PBR rules are being matched against the original source address.
- After the routing decision has been made, the packet enters the outbound chain, where it is getting translated.
Note: To view this solution you need to