Upgrade single VSX Gateway from R77 to R77.10 using in-place upgrade
Refer to the main sk97552 (VSX Reconfigure and Upgrade Matrix to R77.10 / R77.20).
When to use this procedure
- Upgrading single VSX Gateway from R77 to R77.10 (using in-place upgrade).
Part 1 - Upgrade of Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server
Backup the involved machines at the same time:
- Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server
- Single VSX Gateway
Note: Refer to "Related Documentation" section below - "How to Backup".
- If required, upgrade your Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server to the desired version.
R77.10 Security Gateways (in Gateway mode and in VSX mode) can be managed by the following Security Management Servers / Multi-Domain Security Management Servers:
Note: Only features relevant to the version installed on the Security Management Servers / Multi-Domain Security Management Server will be available in SmartDashboard and in '
- You will not be able to upgrade the single VSX Gateway configuration from R77 to R77.10, if you manage it with R77 Security Management server.
- You will not be able to use Mobile Access Blade on VSX R77.10, if you manage it with R76 Security Management server.
Part 2 - Upgrade of single VSX Gateway
Upgrade the configuration of the single VSX Gateway object to R77.10 version on the Security Management Server / Main Domain Management Server.
Note: If you do not want new R77.10 features on the single VSX Gateway, then skip this step (proceed to Step 2 below).
Run the '
Important Note: On Management Server R77.20 and lower, when '
vsx_util upgrade' command and follow on screen instructions.
Select your single VSX Gateway and then select the R77.10 version.
vsx_util upgrade' operation completes, user is prompted to reconfigure the VSX machines. User must refuse - select "no" - and proceed to Step 2 below.
Stop Check Point services on the single VSX Gateway:
Perform in-place upgrade from R77 to R77.10 on the single VSX Gateway.
Refer to R77.10 Release Notes:
- For upgrade requirements, refer to Chapter 'Installation and Upgrade' - section 'Required Disk Space on Gaia'.
- For upgrade instructions, refer to Chapter 'Installation and Upgrade' - section 'Upgrading with Legacy CLI'.
On the single VSX Gateway, verify that all Virtual Systems are up with the correct policy (this may take few minutes):
[Expert@HostName:0]# vsx stat -v
- Follow the instructions in sk98352 to enable Mobile Access blade on the upgraded R77.10 Virtual Systems.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated