Upgrade single VSX Gateway from R77 / R77.10 to R77.20 / R77.30 using in-place upgrade
||R77, R77.10, R77.20, R77.30
Refer to the main sk97552 (VSX Reconfigure and Upgrade Matrix to R77.10 / R77.20 / R77.30).
When to use this procedure
- Upgrading single VSX Gateway from R77 to R77.20 / R77.30 (using in-place upgrade).
- Upgrading single VSX Gateway from R77.10 to R77.20 / R77.30 (using in-place upgrade).
- Upgrading single VSX Gateway from R77.20 to R77.30 (using in-place upgrade).
Part 1 - Upgrade of Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server
Backup the involved machines at the same time:
- Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server
- Single VSX Gateway
Note: Refer to "Related Documentation" section below - "How to Backup".
- If required, upgrade your Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server to the desired version.
R77.20 / R77.30 Security Gateways (in Gateway mode and in VSX mode) can be managed by the following Security Management Servers / Multi-Domain Security Management Servers:
Note: Only features relevant to the version installed on the Security Management Servers / Multi-Domain Security Management Server will be available in SmartDashboard and in '
- You will not be able to upgrade the single VSX Gateway configuration from R77 to R77.20, if you manage it with R77 Security Management server.
- You will not be able to use Mobile Access Blade on VSX R77.20, if you manage it with R76 Security Management server.
- You will not be able to use Multi Bridge capability on R77.30, if you manage it with prior version to R77.30 Security Management server.
Part 2 - Upgrade of single VSX Gateway
Upgrade the configuration of the single VSX Gateway object to R77.20 / R77.30 version on the Security Management Server / Main Domain Management Server.
Note: If you do not want new R77.20 / R77.30 features on the single VSX Gateway, then skip this step (proceed to Step 2 below).
Run the '
Important Note: On Management Server R77.20 and lower, when '
vsx_util upgrade' command and follow on screen instructions.
Select your single VSX Gateway and then select the R77.20 / R77.30 version.
vsx_util upgrade' operation completes, user is prompted to reconfigure the VSX machines. User must refuse - select "no" - and proceed to Step 2 below.
Stop Check Point services on the single VSX Gateway:
Perform in-place upgrade from R77 to R77.20 / R77.30, or from R77.10 to R77.20 / R77.30, or from R77.20 to R77.30 on the single VSX Gateway.
In addition, refer to sk101975: Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R77.20 - section "How to upgrade to R77.30".
On the single VSX Gateway, verify that all Virtual Systems are up with the correct policy (this may take few minutes):
[Expert@HostName:0]# vsx stat -v
- Follow the instructions in sk101465 to enable Mobile Access Push Notifications on the upgraded R77.20 / R77.30 Virtual Systems.