How to use Windows 8.1 Check Point Mobile VPN plugin / Check Point Capsule VPN to connect to Locally Managed 600 / 1100 / 1200R appliance
Check Point Mobile VPN plugin is a part of Windows 8.1 (including Windows RT 8.1) - sk96006.
In addition, Check Point Capsule VPN is now available for Windows 10 - sk107536.
To use this VPN client you need to have:
To setup the Windows 8.1 Mobile VPN plugin / Check Point Capsule VPN:
- Open the Charms bar (slide from the right or "Win + C") and click "Settings"
- Select "Change PC Settings".
- Click on "Network".
- Under connections select "Add a VPN connection".
- Choose Check Point VPN as the provider, enter a name for the connection and also enter the server name or address and click "Save".
- You should see your connection in the Connections page now.
- Head back to the Charms bar and click "Networks".
- Under Connections, you will see your VPN connection. Click on it and click "Connect".
- Select the authentication method (for example, Username and Password). Click "Next".
- First time connection will show you the finger print. Just hit "Next".
- Enter the Username and Password and click "OK".
- You will now be connected.